Wednesday, July 22, 2009

All dressed in white for church, but one boy already changed into play clothes

This is the prep classroom 

These girls are at the pump where they fill their buckets with water for everything.


Vincent, Clinton, and Dickson, three boys in the primary school.


In Cape Coast we stayed at a hotel that had alligators hanging with us.  They were pretty close!

This is at Kakum National Park, a canopy walkway that is high up with the trees!  It was a lot of fun and beautiful to see the rainforest from up there!

This is one true Ghanaian meal called Banku.  The white ball was the texture of sour dough but was pretty tasteless.  They don't use silver wear and eat with their right hand.  We rolled little pieces of the dough and then dipped it in the red sauce, then swallowed it without chewing.  

Adwoa and Matilda, two girls in JSS 1.  They are very smart and work so hard in school, I loved to be with these girls.

This is Lina, a girl in Kindergarten that would always find me when we went to the school at night and stick with me.  She loved to hold my bag and my hand - we were great friends!



Jumping at Shai Hills, we saw monkeys, antelope, bats, birds, and scorpians.  We also got our trotro stuck in this grassland and had quite the adventure getting it out.  
LaraLeigh, Catharine, and I

The girls wanted to learn some American style of dance so I taught them some ballet moves.  

It rained all the time, especially in July because of the rainy season!  Priscilla, Lina and I were hiding under the cover of my umbrella.

All of the girls in my group - plus a few Ghanaians!  Nicole, Charity, Kelsey, LaraLeigh, Brynn, Suzy, Catharine, Me and Lyndsey.


We took a trip to the Accra temple to do baptisms.  It was beautiful!

Our favorite treat - toasties.  Two thick slices of delicious bread coated with choco and peanut butter, toasted on the stove to a crispy delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment